We wanted to give you an update on this year’s Social Event & Awards Evening.
You will probably be unsurprised to know that it is unlikely that we will be able to go ahead on 4 July, as that will be the first day that our venue - Amersham & Chiltern Rugby Club - might be able to host us in accordance with the Government’s Covid-19 Recovery Strategy.
In discussion with the Club Committee, we have decided that the most important thing this year is to give you all the opportunity to see each other again. As such, we have agreed with the Rugby Club that as soon as they are able to confirm their ability to open, we will look to reserve the earliest reasonable Saturday evening. That means:
• We will probably only give you a few weeks’ notice of the event taking place, at which stage we will ask you to go online and reserve your tickets (and vote for the Members’ Choice Awards) as soon as possible. It could be that the date falls within the school Summer holidays
• We will aim to hold the event outside at the Rugby Club, in order to most easily comply with social distancing. Should the weather forecast look unfavourable, and we are forced to limit numbers, tickets will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
• Unlike in previous years, you will pay for your ticket on the night
• In order to maintain as hygienic an event as possible, and comply with social distancing, we will not have an inflatable this year. However, there will still be food, music, a cash bar and Awards (no handshakes)!
• On the night, we will do all that we can to ensure a safe environment for all. There will be hand sanitiser available, and social distancing measures in place at the bar and buffet stations. However, we will not be able to police this, so it is imperative that everyone is mindful of their own and others’ safety
• We know that even with these measures in place, there are likely to be those who are not comfortable or able to attend in person, and that is absolutely fine. To try to include those individuals as much as possible, and allow them to join us in celebrating athletes’ achievements, we will be broadcasting the Awards presentation (only) via Facebook / Instagram Live
To reflect the somewhat reduced scale of the event, ticket prices will be reduced to £10 per person.
The event is about bringing people back together to enjoy each others' company and celebrate success in a socially responsible way.
Comments are closed.